Ingrown Toe Nail problems - reasons and solutions !
An ingrown toe nail can be the result of a deformed toe nail growing improperly into the skin or the skin surrounding the nail growing abnormally fast and engulfing the nail.
- improper clipping or trimming of toe nails. Trimming nail into a curve with short edges can result in or worsen ingrown toe nails.
- wearing of poorly fitting shoes - to large or to tight.
- wearing of sandles and flip flops were toes hang over the edge, stressing the nail plate by bumping and stubbling toes, causing injury and damaging toe nails.
- toe nails which grow very curved or flat and wide - are more prone to give ingrown nail issues.
- on a regular basis closely inspect your feet, toes and toe nails.
- trim toe nails straight across, not in a curve.
- be gentle with your feet, toes and nails - be careful to avoid bumping and injuries.
- properly trim toe nails with quality nail care tools, clippers and files, do not tear them.
- trim nail corners before they start to get into tissue.
- only wear properly fitting shoes and other foot wear. Especially with open toes.
- if issue persists see podiatrist.
this informational service is brought to you by Nancy K. Brown Aesthetics, Inc.