Home Questions to ask when selecting your chemical peel, glycolic acid peel or exfoliant
Questions to ask when selecting your chemical peel, glycolic acid peel or exfoliant
- Does the chemical / glycolic acid peel or exfoliant merely do a superficial surface action, or a thorough removal of dead skin cells from the skin's surface and the pores, ducts and follicles?
- Nancy K. Brown advocates the use of chemical peels and exfoliants. Especially Glycolic Acid, which gives a much more thorough action and goes beyond the surface in cleaning the pores, ducts and follicles. Mechanical exfoliants do not offer these benefits.
- What is the starting purity of the Glycolic Acid?
- should be 100%, yet industry standard is merely 70%. The higher the starting purity - the more effective, stable, consistent and beneficial the product will be for your skin. Nancy K. Brown Aloe Exfoliant® Glycolic Acid starts with 100% pure crystalline grade Glycolic Acid.
- Is the Glycolic Acid neutralized?
- are water or other neutralizers used, if yes then the product will not be as effective. Nancy K. Brown blends its Glycolic Acid with Whole Leaf Cold Processed Aloe Vera which does not neutralize or inhibit the action of Glycolic Acid, rather Aloe Vera promotes the effectiveness of Glycolic Acid. Nancy K. Brown Glycolic Acid containing products are formulated with Glycolic Acid that is a non-neutralized, non-inhibited, free Glycolic Acid with a pH optimized for maximum effectiveness and results.
- Does the chemical / glycolic acid peel or exfoliant contain alcohol or disinfecting agents?
- if yes, be careful, these can be drying and irritating to the skin, worsening or complicating conditions, often work against the good Glycolic is trying to do. Nancy K. Brown Aloe Exfoliant® Glycolic Acid products are free of alcohol and disinfectants.
- Does the chemical / glycolic acid peel or exfoliant contain coloring agents?
- if yes, be careful. Coloring agents are not essential to the performance of a product, they are there merely for aesthetic purposes. Many individuals are sensitive or becoming allergic to these. Nancy K. Brown Aloe Exfoliant® Glycolic products are coloring agent free.
- Does the chemical / glycolic acid peel or exfoliant contain fragrance?
- if yes, be careful. Why are fragrances needed in beauty care products? It is true they smell nice, but they are also a major cause of sensitization and contact dermatitis. At Nancy K. Brown we strongly believe that people should be given the freedom to determine the fragrances they wear, by applying their favorite perfume or aftershave. As such all Nancy K. Brown Glycolic Acid containing products are fragrance free.
this informational service is brought to you by Nancy K. Brown Aesthetics, Inc.